Kid's Alpaca Fun Page
Hey alpaca lovers! Below is a picture of a young alpaca for you to color, a quiz on alpaca facts and an alpaca Word Find. Print these pages out and try all three. (The flying alpaca photo should print out on a separate page depending on your printer.) Think you can draw an alpaca? If you draw one on your computer's paint program and e-mail it to me as an attachment along with your name and age, I'll put it up on this web page.
Drawing on the right by Amanda Dunnie New Market Elementary School.
Want to know more? Take the alpaca quiz. Answers are below.
- 1. Alpacas come from the same family as: Giraffes, Camels, Sheep
- 2. Alpacas are bred for: Wool, Riding, Meat
- 3. Alpacas come from: Egypt, China, South America
- 4. Alpacas carry their babies for: 2 months, 6 months, 11 months
- 5. A mother alpaca is called a: Dam, Mom, Mare
- 6. A father alpaca is called a: Dad, Stud, Sire
- 7. A baby alpaca is called a: Cub, Cria, Fawn
- 8. When they are mad or scared alpacas sometimes: Bite, Spit, Shriek
- 9. Alpacas were carefully bred by the: Mandarins, Incas, Egyptians
- 10. Alpacas are about half the size of a: Llama, Sheep, Goat
- 11. Alpacas are closely related to the: Sheep, Giraffe, Llama
- 12. Which of these is not a type of alpaca: Huacaya, Churro, Suri
- 13. Alpacas eat: Grass, Hay, Oats
Alpaca Word Findanswers to quiz:
1.b, 2.a, 3.c, 4.c, 5.a, 6.c, 7.b, 8. b or c, 9.b, 10.a, 11.c, 12.b, 13. all 3
A Fun Picture
Can alpacas really fly? Well, not really, but sometimes the white ones remind me of fluffy little angels.